Advertising/Marketing Account Executive
We are looking for an energetic account executive to join our expanding team. As an agency that prides ourselves on exceptional customer care, thoughtful strategy and brilliant creative, we need our account executives to not just represent Spitball in a professional manner but also contribute within our dynamic team. As the key liaison between the client and the agency teams, a successful account executive needs to be an expert communicator and possess the keenest attention to detail. Not only do clients goals and objectives need to be exceeded but our account executives need to be able to work collaboratively with multiple client and internal departments. The account executive will go beyond managing projects and become an expert in their clients’ business and marketing activity. This is not a sales position.
The role of an account executive is fast-paced and this individual needs to adapt and keep up with the speed of the position. No detail can go missed. Our account executives are self-starters, not order takers and we encourage proactive thinking on behalf of the client and/or brands you are overseeing. It is important for this individual to have strong analytical and marketing skills to take a problem and transform it into multiple possible solutions.
You will be asked to oversee multiple accounts and perform the following tasks for each brand / client:
- drive the business of the account and seek out growth opportunities
- draft project briefs
- manage internal and external / vendor teams
- coordinate and enforce deadlines and schedules
- estimate and invoice projects
- facilitate brainstorming sessions
- create presentations independently
- maintain consistent contact with client
- document meeting notes and follow-ups
- support internal teams with insights to better exceed at their jobs i.e. quarterly reports, competitive reviews, client verbatims, etc.
In addition, the role of account executive will tap into the following skill sets:
- impeccable organization
- pay attention to the minutia details
- work longer hours when required
- handle pressure and minimize internal/external friction
- maintain a professional appearance and persona
- manage multiple projects
The account executive will work closely with the Account Director but maintain ownership of their clients and projects. The account executive is expected to work independently and seek guidance when necessary.
- 4+ years in role of account management in an advertising/marketing agency
- experience managing multiple clients and vendors
- capacity to work well independently but also within team setting
- knowledge of media planning and negotiations a plus
- proficiency in maintaining status documents and schedules
- problem solver and multi-tasker
- strong written and communication skills
Spitball offers health, dental and vision benefits to full-time employees as well as the option to enroll in a 401k program. Our tight-knit team enjoys collaborating in our Red Bank, NJ office which is conveniently located close to the Jersey shore, a train ride to NYC and walking distance to great shops and restaurants right in town. Spitball celebrates our youthful energy with fun, unique events throughout the year to balance the hard work that everyone puts in.
When applying, please provide your resume along with your salary requirements. Due to volume of resumes we receive, only interested candidates will be contacted.