Temp-to-Perm Account Executive
Spitball is a forward thinking advertising agency that has experienced growth every year since our founding. Our office is nestled in the cosy confines of downtown Red Bank. We are looking for an energetic account executive to join our expanding team. This position will be temporary (6 months) but can become a permanent position based on agency needs.
As an agency that prides ourselves on exceptional customer service and brilliant creative, we need our account executives to represent Spitball in a professional manner and continue to build our positive reputation. As the key liaison between the client and the agency teams, a successful account executive needs to be an expert communicator and possess the keenest attention to detail. Not only do clients goals and objectives need to be exceeded but our account executives need to be able to manage multiple internal departments and personalities.
The role of an account executive is fast-paced and this individual needs to adapt and keep up with the speed of the position. No detail can go missed. Our account executives are self-starters, not order takers. It is important for this individual to have strong analytical and strategic skills to take a problem and transform it into multiple possible solutions.
You will be asked to oversee multiple accounts and perform the following tasks for each brand / client:
- draft creative briefs
- manage internal and external / vendor teams
- coordinate and enforce deadlines and schedules
- estimate and invoice projects
- facilitate brainstorming sessions
- create presentations independently
- maintain consistent contact with client
- document meeting notes and follow-ups
In addition, the role of account executive will tap into the following skill sets:
- impeccable organization
- pay attention to the minutia details
- work longer hours when required. account management is not a 9 to 5 job
- handle pressure and minimize internal/external friction
- maintain a professional appearance and persona
- manage multiple projects
The account executive will work closely with the founding partners but maintain ownership of their projects and clients. The account executive is expected to work independently and seek guidance when necessary.
- 3+ years in role of account management
- experience managing multiple clients and vendors
- capacity to work well independently but also within team setting
- knowledge of media planning and negotiations a plus
- proficiency in maintaining status documents and schedules
- problem solver and multi-tasker
- strong written and communication skills
* Employee benefits available to full-time employees.
When applying, please provide your resume along with your salary history and requirements. Due to volume of resumes we receive, only interested candidates will be contacted.