The Freelance Media Planner will help manage our clients media planning and buying needs. We expect this person to elevate Spitball’s media capabilities from planning to content creation through their passion and expertise. The role includes all media channels with an emphasis on paid social media. You will work closely with the Strategy Director while collaborating with other media, creative and account team members.
- Taking ownership of the complete media planning and buying cycle across all channels (video, audio, OOH, digital and social) with supervision of the Strategy Director
- Developing media plans according to each client’s marketing cycle
- Collaborating with our creative team to maximize campaign ideation
- Utilizing in-house research tools to craft audience personas and channel allocations
- Presentation of media plans and tactics across clientele
- Coordination and negotiation of plans with vendors across all channels
- Working with our programmatic partners to ensure proper set up and execution of digital campaign
- Setting up and execution of paid media within self-service platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Spotify and Google Ads
- Proper trafficking of all assets and working with the account team to ensure all media deadlines are met, including setting up digital campaigns in DCM
- Working with the account team to ensure proper billing of all media schedules
- Reporting across clients (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of agency or brand experience managing and planning paid media budgets
- Experience working with social media either through organic or paid development
- While a bachelor’s degree is preferred, it is not requires as long as there is a demonstrated skill and experience in the social media space
This freelance position can be remote but if onsite you will benefit in-person from our youthful energy and impassioned approach to our daily work lives. Our office is lined with 100 year old brick within an open floor plan. Dozens of great restaurants and shops are right outside in what we describe as a cool little town (that’s on a river, a quick drive to the shore and still close enough to the city). It is great for an afternoon stroll to soak in the kinetic energy of the town whenever a creative block hits.
If you have 3 years of media planning experience and are passionate about your work, please send a resume and cover letter to HR. Please do not apply if you do not meet these criteria. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No headhunters please.