Junior Account Executive / Project Manager
Spitball is an agency unlike any other. From the minute you walk through our doors, you will be swept up by our creative energy and impassioned approach to our daily work lives. Our office is lined with 100 year old brick and an open floor plan. The only doors are in the conference room. Dozens of great restaurants and shops are right outside in what we describe as a cool little town (that’s on a river, a quick drive to the shore and still close enough to the city). It is great for an afternoon stroll to soak in the kinetic energy of the town whenever a creative block hits.
As an agency that prides ourselves on exceptional customer service and brilliant creative, we need our account executive team to represent Spitball in a professional manner and continue to build our positive reputation. A successful Junior AE needs to be an expert communicator and possess the keenest attention to detail. Not only do client’s goals and objectives need to be exceeded but our Junior AE needs to be able to manage and support multiple internal departments and adapt to changes in the day to day routine.
The role of a junior account executive is fast-paced and this individual needs to adapt and keep up with the speed of the position. No detail can go missed. Our account executives are self-starters, not order takers. It is important for this individual to have strong analytical and strategic skills to take a problem and transform it into multiple possible solutions.
You will be asked to support multiple client accounts as well as internal departments and perform the following tasks:
- manage internal and external / vendor teams
- coordinate and enforce deadlines and schedules
- estimate and invoice projects
- facilitate brainstorming sessions
- create presentations independently
- maintain contact with client
- document meeting notes and follow-ups
- reporting and competitive monitoring
- media and social trafficking
- internal new business research
In addition, the role of junior account executive will tap into the following skill sets:
- impeccable organization
- pay attention to the minutia details
- work longer hours when required. account management is not a 9 to 5 job
- handle pressure and minimize internal/external friction
- maintain a professional appearance and persona
- manage multiple projects
The junior account executive will work closely with the account executives but interact with every facet of the agency. The Junior AE is expected to work independently and seek guidance when necessary.
- B.A. in Marketing, Advertising and/or Communications
- past internship in the field of marketing/advertising
- capacity to work well independently but also within team setting
- knowledge of media planning and negotiations a plus
- proficiency in maintaining status documents and schedules
- problem solver and multi-tasker
- strong written and communication skills
- desire to push beyond comfort zones
Spitball has a health/dental/vision insurance package available to full-time employees. We also have a company boat for the occasional “Floating Friday” or random client outing, as well as enjoy fun agency events between working hard for our clients.
This is an onsite position in our Red Bank office.
If interested, send your resume to HR
Due to volume of resumes we receive, only interested candidates will be contacted. No headhunters, thank you.