Junior Account Executive
Spitball is an agency unlike any other. From the minute you walk through our doors, you will be swept up by our creative energy and impassioned approach to our daily work lives. Our office is lined with 100 year old brick and an open floor plan. The only doors are in the conference room. Dozens of great restaurants and shops are right outside in what we describe as a cool little town (that’s on a river, a quick drive to the shore and still close enough to the city). It is great for an afternoon stroll to soak in the kinetic energy of the town whenever a creative block hits.
The role of an account executive is fast-paced and this individual needs to adapt and keep up with the speed of the position. No detail can go missed. Our account executives are self-starters, not order takers. We want someone with ambition, ready to work hard, have fun and grow in their career. With diverse clients and projects, you’ll not only enjoy work but have a hand in all aspects of the marketing and advertising work that goes out the door.
You will be asked to support multiple accounts under the leadership of a senior account executive and perform the following tasks:
- active point of contact for client relations
- manage internal and external / vendor teams
- coordinate and enforce deadlines and schedules
- proficiency in maintaining status documents and schedules
- seek third party contracts / estimates
- draft project briefs
- facilitate brainstorming sessions
- document meeting notes and follow-ups
- project proof-reading
The additional expectations of an account executive:
- impeccable organization
- paying attention to the minutia details
- work longer hours when required
- handle pressure and minimize internal/external friction
- manage multiple projects simultaneously
- capacity to work well independently but also within team setting
- problem solver and multitasker
- strong written and communication skills
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years in role of agency account management or a B.A. in Marketing, Advertising and/or Communications. The account executive will work closely with the account team, strategists, creative department, developers, and media team. There is no typical day and an account executive is expected to be flexible to accommodate for the perpetually changing landscape. Full time employees have access to health, dental and vision plan as well as a 401k. We have a hard-working but fun-loving culture where the right candidate is one that meshes with our tight-knit team and passion for their work.
This is an onsite position in our Red Bank office.
If interested, send your resume to HR
Due to volume of resumes we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No headhunters, thank you.